After a week of use, I have spotted a few bugs and a few things that could be enhanced on the Mousewheel.
So if you are interested, simply click on your Mousewheel, go to "Maintenance..." then click on "New version ?" and you will receive a new box. Sorry this version involves changes into scripts that are not in the root prim, and items like the Display, so a conventional update is not possible on this one.
Take a look at the list of improvements :
* Access level is now in two parts, sitting access and menu access. The sitting access is the same as before (All, Group captives, Owner), while the menu access allows the owner to select whether everyone can click, or only group members, or only yourself. As a bonus, the Zapper is now linked to that menu access as well but only "owner of the wheel" or "all", no "group" access for it (since it means restricting to only members of the group of the wheel, not of the Zapper, and SL does not allow this). Please note, that the access level of the Display is still independent from that of the wheel.
* The Zapper does not turn itself off when attached anymore, that was annoying when relogging on the wheel since it would lose its settings.
* The particles do not get a weird angle anymore (they would sometimes spawn too early when the avatar was still not sitting tight yet and still had an odd orientation, confusing the particles).
* Last but not least, the wheel stops giving a folder every time you sit on it or change the configuration. It now checks whether you already have the folder and uses it if it finds it (it must be right under #RLV). This has two nice effects : firstly it stops filling your #RLV with "~Wearables for Mousewheel blah blah" folders. Secondly, it won't detach the Zapper when relogging, since it will be found when coming back, so the settings stick.
Have fun !
Sunday, March 10, 2013
Saturday, March 2, 2013
Hello there !
I've been busy lately, working on a new project that I have been wanting to do for a while : a Mousewheel.
What's a mousewheel ? Well, it is a wheel you put a mouse or a guinea pig in so it may run all it wants, making it turn.
Wait, no, that's not right. This is a big sturdy metal wheel that you put a slave in, and she has to walk or run in order to get a good workout. And possibly provide power to the lights around and entertainment to the bystanders. That's more like it.
Here is what it looks like :
You might have recognized it. It was designed, loosely, from pictures I saw on the House Of Gord website (www.houseofgord.com). Highly recommended !
This is a powerful toy, fit for training even the most reluctant slaves. And since we are all about bondage here, it is also designed for training slaves in bondage.
The wheel is easy to use : the sub sits down and presses the forward arrow key on her keyboard to walk, then page up and page down to go faster or slower. Or, the top may "hitch" (*) the sub to the wheel (provided she uses a RLV relay), keeping her from standing up and she may walk.
According to the kind of training the top wants for his sub, five configurations are available :
* Normal : Walk and run in a sexy fashion.
* Chained : Walk with her ankles chained loosely.
Of course, when you train a sub you expect results. That's why this package includes a display that shows the distance paced (in meters, kilometers, yards and miles), the current speed, the elapsed time and the number of times she got zapped.